- Tenants Union Members: The work of the TU has been sustained for over 34 years through the support of its membership. Members are the heart of the TU’s work for housing justice, and are the strongest base of support we have. For more information or to become a member of the Tenants Union, see Tenants Union Membership.
- A Place to Live: A Place to Live is the support organization for the Benson East Tenant Association (BETA). BETA is the Northwest’s first tenant-owned property that was organized in 2000 by the Tenants Union. BETA is committed to fighting for housing justice and tenant autonomy by advancing tenant ownership campaigns and tenant empowerment. See Tenant Ownership for more information.
- Ellis Foundation: The goal of the Ellis Foundation is to support non-profit organizations in North America which contribute to the development of a society that protects the environment, advances cultural arts or supports humanitarian efforts on the behalf of the world’s most needy persons.
- Seattle Foundation: The Seattle Foundation’s mission is to create a healthy community through engaged philanthropy, community knowledge and leadership. We inspire informed and generous giving to make our community—local, national and international—a vital and healthy place to live.
- Catholic Campaign for Human Development: CCHD Community Development Grants support efforts that demonstrate a commitment to the dignity of the human person. CCHD-funded groups are led by people living in poverty and work to address the root causes of poverty by nurturing solidarity between the poor and non-poor and facilitating the participation of people living in poverty in decisions that perpetuate poverty in their lives. As part of such efforts, low-income people gain the ability to identify barriers, brainstorm solutions, and take action to change problematic structures and systems in their communities.
- National Center for Healthy Housing: The National Center for Healthy Housing is a 501©(3) nonprofit corporation based in Columbia, Maryland, dedicated to creating healthy and safe homes for children through practical and proven steps. Using a holistic and interdisciplinary approach, NCHH brings the public health, housing, environmental, and regulatory communities together to combat disease and injuries caused by hazards in the home. With more than 17 years of experience, NCHH conducts applied research, program evaluation, technical assistance, training, and outreach that is focused on reducing the health consequences of indoor exposures. NCHH’s staff includes housing, health, and environmental professionals with expertise in biostatistics, epidemiology, environmental health, public health, housing policy, and industrial hygiene.
- King County: King County Councilmembers Julia Patterson and Larry Gossett are long-time supporters of the Tenants Union, and were able to secure funding for the TU’s Education Program in 2012.
Past Significant Supporters
- Ben and Jerry’s Foundation: The mission of the Ben & Jerry’s Foundation is to engage Ben & Jerry’s employees in philanthropy and social change work; to give back to our Vermont communities; and to support grassroots progressive social change organizations around the country. Our interests are in furthering social justice, protecting the environment and supporting sustainable food systems.
- Fales Foundation: The Fales Foundation Trust was established in 1985 by Gilbert R. Fales, a long-time Seattle resident. The Foundation was established to provide financial support to social service agencies addressing issues of homelessness and hunger, and to artistic and cultural organizations in the city of Seattle.
- Renaissance Charitable Foundation
The Renaissance Charitable Foundation (RCF) is a 501©3 public charity which offers donors flexibility and control over their charitable giving. RCF hosts Donor-Advised Funds and Charitable Gift Annuities, and will work in tandem with financial planning professionals and potential donors to create the perfect environment that meets your charitable planning needs. Renaissance Charitable Foundation partners with Renaissance Administration an Indianapolis-based charitable trust administration company that was founded in 1987.
- Norcliffe Foundation: The Norcliffe Foundation is a private nonprofit family foundation established in 1952 by Paul Pigott for the purpose of improving the quality of life of all people in the community by the application of financial and human resources. Succeeding generations of the family have continued to support The Foundation in this tradition. Areas of support include education, health, social services, civic improvement, religion, culture and the arts, the environment, historic preservation, and youth programs.