News more »
Also in Renters Resources
Before using this information, please read:
To read the specific laws in the WA State Residential Landlord-Tenant Act, click on the RCW (Revised Code of Washington) links throughout the Tenant Services website.
Tenants Union Tenant Counselors are not attorneys, and this information should not be considered legal advice. Please read our full Tenant Union Disclaimer.
Fair Housing Resources
- Washington State Human Rights Commission: 800-233-3247 — Enforces the law against discrimination and investigates complaints regarding civil rights violations.
- King County Office of Civil Rights: 206-296-7592 — Fair Housing enforcement and information for tenants in unincorporated King County.
- Seattle Office for Civil Rights: 206-684-4500 — Enforces civil rights protections and investigates discrimination complaints for Seattle residents.
- Fair Housing Center of Washington: 888-766-8800 — Provides support and education for renters filing discrimination complaints or requesting reasonable accommodations from their landlords.
- Fair Housing Agencies in Washington State
- Live-In Caregivers for Tenants Who are Persons with Disabilities
- Assistance and Service Animals for Tenants Who are Persons with Disabilities
- Reasonable Accommodations & Modifications: Guidance for Residents with Disabilities