News more »
In this section
Principles of Unity
- We believe all tenants have the right to affordable decent housing, free from excessive and frequent rent increases.
- We believe all homes should be safe and secure in order to ensure the privacy of tenants.
- We seek to end arbitrary evictions and all retaliatory actions against tenants.
- We believe that all people should have access to housing free from discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, political ideology, lifestyle, age, family status, marital status, amount or source of income, or disability.
- We believe that all tenants have the right to organize and determine the rules and conditions of their tenancy through collective bargaining and other means.
- We believe that all tenants have the right to live in the neighborhood of their choice, and we seek to increase the supply of rental housing, particularly for low and middle income tenants.
- We believe that housing exists to meet a basic human need, and that when conflict arises between tenants’ needs and owners’ profits, the basic need for affordable decent housing must take priority over the economic interests of the landowners.
- We, the members, commit ourselves to working together to accomplish the above stated goals.