News more »
Support the Tenants Union!
Washington State tenants have won important legal protections, but these rights don't go far enough. Members help build the movement to protect and expand tenants rights and make the promise of safe, healthy, affordable housing a reality.
We Need your Talents! Volunteer with the Tenants Union!
As a grassroots membership-based organization, the Tenants Union is made stronger by volunteers and active members who contribute time and skills to build power for housing justice.
Ways to Get Involved as a Volunteer
In the Office
We are looking for regular office volunteers, as well as people who can come into the office to help with one-time events.
- Help out at mailing parties to send off our quarterly Newsletters and other mailings
- Help us stock our tenant rights materials
- Help us with periodic office projects, such as data-entry and filing (it’s important for us to stay organized so we can organize for housing justice!)
In the Streets
- Help with doorknocking in our campaigns
- Come to mobilizations to show your support for tenant rights
- Tell your story to advocate for better laws to protect tenants and to fund tenant services and housing
Hotline Volunteers, 2012. We need a new picture, come join us!
To volunteer, contact the Membership & Development Coordinator at (206) 722-6848 Ext. 102 or [email protected] and let us know you’d like to volunteer.
You’ll have a conversation with the Membership & Development Coordinator or another staff member about your interests & talents, and we’ll connect you with meaningful volunteering at the TU.