GiveBIG to the Tenants Union Today!

Seattle Noise Laws

Seattle noise laws are enforced by the Seattle Police Department. Seattle laws regulate “residential disturbances” and “unreasonable noise” in the city limits. For more information, see Seattle Police Department: Avoiding Noise. You can call the non-emergency Seattle police number at 206-625-5011 to report noise violations, but it can be very difficult to get police response, especially on weekend nights. Generally, the police will just issue a verbal warning to the household making excessive noise, but they can make a residential disturbance a criminal offense after repeated violations. They may also charge a fine, or contact the property owner after more than one offense.

The Department of Construction and Inspection (SDCI) also regulates outdoor construction and installation noises. See the SDCI’s Noise Code for further information.

Tenants Union Tenant Counselors are not attorneys, and this information should not be considered legal advice. Please read our full Tenant Union Disclaimer.