News more »
Also in Housing DiscriminationResources
Before using this information, please read:
To read the specific laws in the WA State Residential Landlord-Tenant Act, click on the RCW (Revised Code of Washington) links throughout the Tenant Services website.
Tenants Union Tenant Counselors are not attorneys, and this information should not be considered legal advice. Please read our full Tenant Union Disclaimer.
Some of the following resources are specific to King County. For resources in your area, contact the Washington State 2-1-1 at 2-1-1 from a landline, 206-461-3200 or 800-621-4636 or 206-461-3610 for TTY/hearing impaired calls. 2-1-1 is a clearinghouse for all community resources, including rental assistance and low-income housing.
- Solid Ground Tenant Services: 206-694-6767, TTY 7-1-1 — Solid Ground’s housing counseling services provide tenants with the resources and tools they need to prevent eviction and ensure housing stability. Open Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10:30 am – 4:30 pm.
- City of Seattle Department of Planning & Development: 206-615-0808 — Code Enforcement Inspectors respond to tenant complaints regarding housing conditions & permits.
- King County Dispute Resolution Center: 206-443-9603 — Trained mediators can assist tenants and landlord in resolving conflicts.
- King County Tax Assessor Parcel Viewer: 206-296-3850 — Find a mailing address for your landlord by looking up the property in the Tax Assessor database.
- Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission : 888-333-WUTC (9882) – Protecting and helping Washington residents who have complaints about their utility bill, phone service or movers. For disputes concerning privately held utility companies, not public utilities. They will get you answers and help resolve your complaint.
- Attorney General Mobile Home Dispute Resolution: 866-924-6458 — Assistance for owners of mobile homes and manufactured housing to resolve disputes with landlords.