GiveBIG to the Tenants Union Today!

Manufactured Housing Resources

People who own manufactured homes but rent the space they live on are not covered under the Residential Landlord-Tenant Act. The Manufactured/Mobile Home Landlord-Tenant Act is RCW 59.20. Many aspects of this website do not apply to them. Tenants who rent both the space they live in and the manufactured home itself are covered by the Residential Landlord-Tenant Act, RCW 59.18 and all the information on this site applies to them.

If you own your manufactured home but rent the space you live on, see below for resources and information on how to resolve housing problems.

  • Office of Mobile/Manufactured Housing Relocation Assistance Program — Manufactured home relocation assistance is offered by the Department of Commerce’s Office of Mobile/Manufactured Housing (OMH) when a park closes. Manufactured/mobile home relocation assistance is provided to eligible low-income households on a on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority given to residents in parks closed due to health and safety concerns or park-owner fraud. They also offer technical assistance to tenants groups interested in purchasing their housing communities.
  • Association of Manufactured Home Owners: AMHO Westside 425-772-5174, AMHO Eastside (Spokane) 509-230-8508AMHO is a statewide, independent non-profit organization representing the interests of Washington’s manufactured home owners.
  • Manufactured Home Owners of America: 360-373-2436 — The purpose and objective that guides MHOA is for improving the quality of life for all manufactured/mobile home owners and promoting the health, safety and welfare of the owners of manufactured/mobile homes.

Tenants Union Tenant Counselors are not attorneys, and this information should not be considered legal advice. Please read our full Tenant Union Disclaimer.